Your roof can sometimes get relegated to “afterthought” territory. There are a thousand and one other property maintenance needs to consider, after all – and roof cleaning doesn’t always make it to the top of the list.
But consider this a plea to reconsider roof cleaning on your list of priorities. The maintenance of your shingles is, after all, directly connected to your property’s curb appeal and your investment.
Making sense of black streaks
Most roofs in our region get impacted by an issue we call “black streaks.” The title is self-descriptive – dark stripes run down the length of your roof, and the result isn’t exactly easy on the eye.
But these stains aren’t just an eyesore. They come with a whole host of challenges, but we return the favor with solutions.
- What are black streaks?
- They are caused by Gloeocapsa Magma, a type of bacteria that eats the limestone matter in your roofing.
- Why do they spread?
- The more they eat, the more they grow. And that’s when the eyesore of a stain comes into play.
- Are they bad for my roof?
- Yes. Black streaks degrade roof quality, strip away heating and cooling efficiency, and make it necessary to get a roof replacement prematurely.
Your roof cleaning solution
Okay, enough of the bad news. Black streaks aren’t good for your roof – but there is a solution. Superior Pressure Washing delivers a soft washing solution that will:
- Remove black stains and other eyesores
- Kill Gloeocapsa Magma, as well as mold and mildew
- Wash away dirt and debris
With regular roof cleaning, your curb appeal is back on track. But you also have a roof that is ready to last for the long run – and look great every single step of the way!